“YOU are not the Problem.
The Problem itself is the Problem.”
Having mental health problems is not Anyone’s fault.
It is the result of our life struggles and challenges.
We actually have not got (the right or sufficient) help all along.
We do not realize we need help to overcome difficulties & accumulative pain inside us.
In our psychological therapy, you can COMPLETELY BE YOURSELF – good & bad; positive & negative, laugh, cry and shout…
Here you have a safe and confidential space for you to explore anything.
You can be JUST YOURSELF.
No Shame. No ‘Losing Face’. No Judgment.
You are listened to.
What is Psychological Therapy at Corimus like?
Psychological therapy is for those who wish to have professional support on overcoming sufferings and adversities in life, and reversing the cycle of setbacks.
With the support of therapy, you will have positive changes in your daily life functioning, personal and professional relationships, improved communication skills, and reduction in symptoms. Longer therapy has proven to improve individuals’ beliefs and values, and they see they are able to build stronger self-awareness, mindsets and decision making.
No matter where you might find yourself in life, we are here to support you.
Why does Psychological Therapy at Corimus Work?
- We value each relationship with a client.
We believe in the power of LISTENING. You can ensure receiving Warmth & Empathic listening, Patience and Cultural Sensitivity.
- Our work is tailored to your own situation and needs.
We discuss with you carefully your options.
We welcome an open and honest discussion.
We are not afraid of stuckness or hopelessness. We don’t fit you in a fixed ‘therapy model/guideline. We work creatively and flexibly with you to Think outside the box. ‘One size doesn’t fit all – let’s try again‘.
- Our professionalism is based on an integrated approach from a range of evidence based or professionally recommended therapies, i.e.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy,
Person Centered Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Schema Therapy,
Art-based Techniques, Solution Focused Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Mindfulness, etc.
Our practice is also built upon the fundamental principles of humanism. You are supported with empathic understanding; treated with a compassionate genuine and warm attitude.
Therapy areas We Cover (and have Worked With):
- Excelling at work and academic training (i.e. medicine, law)
- Lack of direction or vision
- Dealing with pressure/responsibility
- Attaining entrepreneural development
- Managing stress & anxiety with achievement
- Attaining work-life balance
- Enhancing resilience and psychological health
- Reducing frustration/anger outbursts at the others
- Better communication with the others
- Ineffective work performance; procrastination
- Stress and conflicts management
- Isolation and lack of friends/peers support
- Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Imposter syndrome or inferior complex
- Relationship difficulties
- Manage relationship problems or interpersonal difficulties
- Couple therapy
- Family therapy
- Cultural triggered issues, self-discovery and healing
- Studying and working abroad
- Chinese & East Asian triggered wellbeing challenges (Chinese, bicultural or ESEA cultural backgrounds)
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Cultural adjustment & fitting in
- Bullying/racism, i.e. at the workplace
- socio-cultural inequality
- Long-term depression & anxiety, i.e. struggle with daily functioning
- Uncontrollable emotional outbursts/aggression
- Ruptured relationships
- Past/current abuse
- Cultural embedded stress/trauma
- Cross-generational trauma (parental impact)
- Managing long-term Mental Health
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Personality disorder (i.e. borderline/emotional unstable); difficulties in interpersonal relationships
- Specific disorders including OCD, GAD
- Dual or multiple diagnoses
- relationship/intimacy issues
- sexual orientation and identity
- Isolation and being the ‘minority’
- Life transitions
- Teenagehood to Adulthood
- Academic to work transition
- Stuckness & resistence to change
(For trainees or qualified clinical or counseling psychologists, psychotherapists and counselors only)
- Personal therapy
- Clinical Supervision
Who can benefit: Individuals, couples and families
Languages: English/Cantonese Chinese/Mandarin Chinese
Fee (per hour): £100 (low-cost/concession rates available for a limited number of clients – contact me for details);
Clinical supervision/personal therapy for trainees/qualified professionals: £50