‘Corimus’ – a walk of Growth.
Here I share with you my philosophy – this is what I believe in in my work with you; when I am in my other work; when I am in my personal life.
We come from different backgrounds. We have different personalities and interests. Yet we all have, at least in my belief, three things in common in life, which are –
We want to throw away problems we cannot shake off from. We all want to fulfill our aspirations. And we all want to be happy.
The world has interestingly categorized these common beliefs into three rigid boxes.
- A problem is not a problem until we are already in a severe state, that is often when we are given a mental health label. So we don’t get help and try to stay away from mental health as possible.
- Privileged people own the world’s successful stories. Goals and aspirations can only be attained when we become overachievers and are problems free.
- Societies teach us happiness is defined by materialism, fame and power. Even we are not happy we believe we cannot be free from modern slavery.
I work to reverse these beliefs and old patterns led by these beliefs. We do not have to look at mental health as a problem. We CAN all find our own successes and still feel in control and not judged. We CAN be imperfect and happy at the same time.
So what makes the idea of ‘Growth’ work? Psychological therapy deals with mental health issues. Coaching champions a person’s full potential. Growth work is a blend of both. I provide both Psychological Therapy and Coaching, and I ensure my qualifications and work experiences will make Growth work.
Here you learn to swing between the past and the future, and you will swing well. I will walk this transformative journey with you, and I am more than a companion. When I work with my clients/patients, I sensitively console, challenge and collaborate with them on mastering their own own minds, actions and their own LIFE ahead. Sometimes we really need that respectful and safe space to let out our emotions; sometimes we do need some knock-knock to turn our step from 0 to 1.
And the clients and I COMMIT to making Growth work. I often say this to the clients –
‘Therapy and coaching is a mental workout. You need to firstly get motivated to go to the gym. You get your first training. You tear your muscles, you feel achy afterwards. But the pain is the necessary experience you need to go through in order for the muscles to regrow in a bigger size. You need to keep going and going, and one day, you are amazed by your results.’
On the reflective note, I value my accumulated therapy/work experiences which I believe have relevantly contributed to my high standard of work – which/how/what skills and knowledge are used at the ‘right’ moments & with the right people.
- Working in a specialized mental health service has helped me find my passion in working with resistance, stuckness and lack of motivation – I walk with you through this dark path towards the end of the tunnel.
- I am an ethnic minority individual in the UK and I take pride in my work in supporting and advocating for EQUAL ACCESS to services particularly among individuals/groups from ethnic minotiry/BAME backgrounds. I am a great supporter of culturally sensitive therapy. I myself have worked in different settings, countries, and diverse groups of clients/patients.
- After 9 years of work experiences, I still firmly believe in building a strong and trustful relationship with the clients as the main key to their positive changes.
- Clients remember me the most as a person, not my ‘professionalism’. I invest sufficient time and effort into shaping my personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, respect for others and empathy.
- I regularly commit to exploring and overcoming limitations of my mindsets, unconscious bias, and beliefs. I keep on learning and I learn with the clients together too.
Don't Hesitate. Take your Transformation Now.
I am a strong believer of Growth. I help clients develop self-awareness and their own potential, such that they find their own answers and make transformative changes. I sensitively deal with individual and systematic/cultural influences to ensure clients’ taken actions are manageable, realistic and sustainable. I understand change does not happen overnight and I devote to accompany clients in overcoming (long-term) stuckness, resistance and self-doubts.Dr. Tiffany Leung